[freespace2] Force Feedback patch... brave testers needed

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 6 20:25:00 EDT 2003

Forgot to mention that you have to add "EnableJoystickFF=1" to your ini
file for the effects to turn on.  Also, I finally got my joystick
working and I discovered that my conversion of the effects from
DirectInput suck ass.  I'll post a new patch tomorrow with better
converted effects.  All of the effects still don't work but currently
the primary and secondary weapon effects and the explosion effects work
OK but not great.  The hit effects are sort of working.  Docking,
reload, flyby and afterburner effects don't work for some reason.

After this next patch I don't plan to keep e-mailing the list about it
until it's ready to be put into cvs.  If anyone really wants to help
test this out then please e-mail me privately to keep getting updates.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>