[freespace2] B5 mod and stuff

Dave Champion dave at dchamp.net
Mon Sep 30 13:13:06 EDT 2002

On 30 Sep 2002, Taylor Richards wrote:

> Finally got a long enough break to get the B5 stuff posted...

Cool... I never got around to getting the B5 mod to run on my system.

I asked this question before and didn't see an answer:

Is it "legal" to distribute FS2 with a total conversion like B5? My goal
for this would be to provide a package that could be downloaded and played
by people at a LAN party. I'd have to provide an executable for at least
Win32 and Linux...

It looks to me like even with B5, you need a significant amount of files
from the base FS2 install. Is there a list somewhere of what's "open
source" and what isn't? Am I correct in saying that the FS2 code was
released "open source" but the game media - graphics, sounds and such -
was not?

-dc