B5 mod and stuff

Taylor Richards trichard at surfsouth.com
Mon Sep 30 04:56:22 EDT 2002

Finally got a long enough break to get the B5 stuff posted.  I'll have
add some graphics to the site a little later on though.  Installation
instructions and download links are on the site.  If anyone has any
problems please let me know so I can get everything fixed before too
many people start downloading this rather large mod.  I noticed where
someone had posted a question about a Linux version in The Babylon
Project's forum but I don't want to reply to it until someone other than
me actually uses this thing.  If there are any suggestions to make
downloading/installing easier please let me know.

The site is at: http://fs2b5.woaf.net

As for FS1 I haven't touched it in a couple of weeks.  Last I remember I
had gotten the Silent Threat icons to show up, gotten the Silent Threat
missions coded in and gotten most (if not all) multi-player menus
working.  I never got a chance to look further at the protocols but that
is on my todo list for when I finish my other current projects.

One of the current problems with the game is that background nebulae
don't show up correctly.  FS2 doesn't do it the same way but I think all
of the code is still there.  Unless something is missing that I haven't
found there may be a glitch in the rendering code... just in case
someone needs something to do ;-)

Taylor Richards <trichard at surfsouth.com>