problems getting fs2 running

Aaron Baff darkobject at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 12:25:38 EDT 2002

I'm having problems getting fs2 to run correctly after
I compile it. I'm running debian linux testing(aka
woody using testing targets), XFree86 v4.x, GeForce2
MX/400 with nvidia drivers. gcc/g++ version 2.95.4.

after I compile, I run the exacutable that is created,
and get about 50lines of messages, some of them saying
error parsing a file, or opening a file. I did a
locate(after running updatedb) and found that the
files aren't there. here are the error messages that I
get.

Error: Wokka!  Error opening mission.txt!

General: Error parsing 'strings.tbl'
Error code = 5.
Error: Wokka!  Error opening mission.txt!

General: Error parsing 'strings.tbl'
Error code = 5.
Error: Wokka!  Error opening mission.txt!

Error: (src/stats/scoring.cpp:234): Error parsing
'rank.tbl'
Error code = 5.

there are also some errors dealing with PXO stuff, I'm
not sure if that would kill it or not. at the very
end, it segfaults and dies. I can see a small window
briefly show its outline, and then die as the program
segfaults. any ideas? can anyone give me those files
and tell me where they go?

Aaron