Joystick in FS2?

dave dave at dchamp.net
Mon Sep 2 14:44:56 EDT 2002

Freespace2 is running great on my system. The only problems I'm having
are:

- The voice audio track doesn't play in the briefing screens

- After playing several missions, sometimes my FPS drops from between 50
an 75fps to about 15fps, and the audio gets really choppy. If I exit the
game and come back in, it clears up.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the work that's been done to port
FS2 to linux... good work guys.

Also, I have my joystick detected and can calibrate it with jscalibrate.
In the FS2 config screens when I assign controls it accepts input from the
joystick buttons, but in the game, the joystick x/y axis doesn't respond.

I'm using a USB Saitek Cyborg, my OS is Mandrake 8.2, and I'm just loading
the generic "joydev" module for it.

Any pointers on that?

-dc