[freespace2] compiling src - alc.h error

dave dave at dchamp.net
Sun Sep 1 16:26:27 EDT 2002

> Thanks... I'm getting closer. I grabbed the CVS version of OpenAL and
> installed that. Now the compile gets farther, but still fails:
>
> g++ -o freespace2 -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lm -lasound -L/usr/lib -ldl
> -lartsc -lpthread -L/usr/lib -lesd -laudiofile -lm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
> -lXext -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lXv -lXinerama -ldl -lopenal -lGL
> ./src/freespace2/freespace.o
> ./src/freespace2/levelpaging.o src/freespace2/unixmain.o code.a
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound

Yay! I got it to build! I was missing the alsa development libs. I
installed the RPM for that and it build all the way thru. Thanks for all
the help guys.

Now... next step I assume is to copy my Win32 install of Freespace2 and
use the new linux executable. Any readme/faq documentation available for
that?

-dc