[freespace2] FS1(?) problems

Dan Olson theoddone33 at linuxgames.com
Thu Oct 3 00:23:19 EDT 2002

Here goes...

> 1.  Crash on popup dialogs...

See if you can get a backtrace for this one from gdb, that would
help more (although ideally I'd have it here to test).  I will maybe
grab the FS1 demo and play around with it.

> 2.  Garbage on filenames with strcpy...

Your source string isn't NULL terminated.  Check how you modify it and
where you get it from I guess.

> 1.  Background nebulas in the starfield don't work...

> I assume (perhaps wrong) that it's related to the amount of asm in the
> tmap code

You mean the software code? There is no asm in the current tmap code and
the software code is... old.  Might take a lot of work.

> The last patch still hasn't gone into CVS.  I'm not in a hurry to get
> it in but if there was anything wrong with it or something I should
> be doing better please let me know so this next patch can be fixed.

We're all just a little busy.  I haven't even made time to look at the
patch yet (probably because I don't have FS1).

--
Dan Olson (theoddone33)