strange compile error

Sami skheikki at cc.hut.fi
Sun Nov 24 10:26:35 EST 2002

Hi!

I'm trying to compile freespace2, and I get this weird error:
g++ -o freespace2 -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lGL ./src/freespace2/freespace.o ./src/freespace2/levelpaging.o src/freespace2/unixmain.o code.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

and error 1, it exists.
I think that for some reason the linker doesn't find GL, but I'm pretty sure it's there. I have openal installed.
I'm using mandrake 9, and have matrox g400 with p2/500.
I use icewm and I don't have most of Gnome or kde installed. Could that be it?
Any ideas? Anybody else had the same problem?

-Sami