Disappearing text

Andersson Torbjorn E torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Sun Jun 23 15:43:43 EDT 2002

I've been trying to run the Freespace 2 demo, and for the most part it seems
to work pretty well. Apart from one thing: text often - not always - appears
as filled areas instead of readable letters. This happens as early as when
pressing F1 on the main menu screen.

Since it doesn't happen if I use software rendering, I have two theories:

* A DRI bug with the Matrox G400 driver.

* Freespace 2 eats too much texture memory for my measly 16 MB card.

Has anyone else seen this? Apart from this problem, it looks very cool.

Torbjörn Andersson

--
TietoEnator Resource Management AB
Persona