[freespace2] Linux/Windows networking

Steven Fuller relnev at icculus.org
Sat Jul 27 16:14:51 EDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Dave Swegen wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get the windows client and the linux client to talk
> to each other over the network? In fact, does the windows code actually
> build? One of our windows developers (who isn't interested in FS) looked at
> it for about 5 minutes before decalring that he couldn't be bothered. Which
> is fair enough.

I just checked into CVS a small fix which fixes Linux<->Windows
connections (with the windows system running the offical patched/sim of the
year client, haven't tried building the source).  For now, a Linux client
should act as server, due to case sensitivity problems with transferred files.

Steven Fuller