[freespace2] Linux/Windows networking

Dan Olson theoddone33 at linuxgames.com
Fri Jul 26 14:27:35 EDT 2002

To my knowledge, no one has tried to get the Windows code compiling, but
other than some messing with the project files, not much should need
changing.  We were rather careful to preserve the Windows code when we
ported it, but we did redo the whole structure of the codebase.

If I've got some time this weekend maybe I'll install MSVC and make any
necessary changes, but if you want to test Windows/Linux net
compatibility in the meantime, you could probably use the normal boxed
Windows version, provided you've patched it up to the latest version.

Please keep us updated if you try anything, it's good to know what works
and what doesn't.

--
Dan Olson (theoddone33)