[freespace2] Hi.

stevenzx at juno.com stevenzx at juno.com
Thu Dec 26 20:18:52 EST 2002

Yes, I DID get the CVS version from the webpage you listed...
I even used CVS which I had never done before... now you can't
make fun of me for being a newbie! Ha!

Anyway,

I type make in the dir with the makefile and get this:

[root at localhost freespace2]# make
Makefile:248: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop.
[root at localhost freespace2]#

no idea what's happening... I have OpenAl installed, albeit not
the newest CVS version as I couldn't figure out how to install that
either (no docs). Also, I have SDL installed.

any help is appreciated
thanks

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:30:28 -0600 (CST) Dave Champion <dave at dchamp.net>
writes:
> On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 stevenzx at juno.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > This would be great. I'm the "player" and
> > typing "make" does not work as the experts
> > claim.
> >

> What happens when you type "make"? Providing a little feedback would
> help.
>
> When I built FS2 the first time (I'm just a "player" like you, not a
> FS2
> developer), it failed several times until I got all of the proper
> support
> libraries installed. Pay attention to the last page or so of
> messages,
> they'll usually give you some clue as to what it's failing on.
>
> Remember that this is a *free* product, and these people are all
> volunteering their time to help you. Be nice to them! The were a
> huge help
> to me when I needed them.
>
> -dc

***