compiling src - alc.h error

dave dave at dchamp.net
Sat Aug 31 19:14:53 EDT 2002

Hi... I'm a n00b on this list - just subscribed today.

1. Hi
2. Is there an archive?

Now to my main question. I'm trying to compile the latest CVS of
freespace2 - I downloaded it 2 days ago. I'm running Mandrake 8.2, I have
the rpm's installed for the SDL and OpenAL dev libraries. My system is a
Dell Inspiron 8000 p3-900mhz, 256mb RAM and a 32mb GeForce2go, and the
nvidia kernel driver.

When I try to compile, it runs for a while, then I get this error:

[dave at inspy freespace2]$ make all

<... lots of msgs deleted...>

g++ -c -o src/sound/ds.o src/sound/ds.cpp -Wall -g -DPLAT_UNIX
-I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -Iinclude/  -Wno-missing-braces
-Wno-multichar -fsigned-char
src/sound/ds.cpp: In function `int ds_init (int, int)':
/usr/include/AL/alc.h:54: too many arguments to function `ALCenum
alcGetError ()'
src/sound/ds.cpp:1396: at this point in file
make: *** [src/sound/ds.o] Error 1

...maybe I have an incompatible version of some of the libraries?

Here's the versions of the libraries I have installed:

libSDL_ttf2.0-2.0.4-1mdk
libSDL1.2-1.2.3-6mdk
libSDL_image1.2-1.2.1-1mdk
libSDL1.2-devel-1.2.3-6mdk