OSX.diff 'n stuff

tigital tigital at mac.com
Tue Aug 20 21:03:29 EDT 2002

hello,

...attached is the diff for the endian changes I did to get it to
work on ppc architecture...I don't think I labeled any of the lines
with my name (forget to see if other people do that)...

...I also made a .zip archive of the ProjectBuilder folder that
contains the project and associated files:  it is 1.5 MB's
compressed, so I'll put it up on my public space
(http://homepage.mac.com/tigital)...it really should be added to the
cvs, because this is what I used to build the different
projects(demo/demoDebug/release/releaseDebug)...and it should be
placed like "/freespace2/ProjectBuilder"...

...I tried to play the demo (all I have) a little bit, but came up
with some disappointments :-P

- have to keep pressing 'T' for targeting to continue to show on
screen, and it flickers and generally slows down the program aLOT...

- when I managed to find my "trainer", there was no "ship" model
visible:  I was congratulated for having him in my sites, but
couldn't see a thing...

- also couldn't seem to get "M" to work for matching speed (the 'M'
never showed up on screen like it said it should)...

...well, these last two thing's pretty much made it impossible to continue...

...sigh...

...finally, I noticed that the bottom right hand corner said "v1.10",
but I did apply the 1.2 demo patch (via virtual PC)...

if anyone has suggestions for how to proceed, I'm all ears!

l8r,
jamie