[freespace2] OS X update and questions

Taylor Richards trichard at surfsouth.com
Thu Aug 15 14:02:05 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 13:41, tigital wrote:
> ...before getting to the splash screen initialization but after the
> graphics device is initialized, I'm getting:
>
> General: Couldn't open 'cursor.pcx'
>
> General: ANI cursorweb with size 6144x6144 (25.0% wasted)
>
> ...I haven't really looked at the .ani loading stuff, but I can't
> find a "cursor.pcx" file in any of the demo data directories:  is
> this only for the full version?  or xWindows? or something important
> that I'm missing?
>
> l8r,
> jamie

It tries for pcx before anis for most things.  There is no cursor.pcx
but there is an ani.  You'll probably see this message a lot once you
get further into the loading process.  You may also see it loading
something like BAB_01001.pcx.  I saw this alot with FS1 since it used
anis for a lot of things that FS2 uses pcxs for with 001 being frame 1
of BAB_01.ani.

Sorry I can't help you out with the gdb output but I never figured out
how to use it. :-)

Taylor Richards <trichard at surfsouth.com>