[freespace2] Patching the data files

Taylor Richards trichard at surfsouth.com
Tue Aug 13 17:21:09 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 15:16, Вячеслав Диконов wrote:
> Please, do it!
> This is exactly what I need (1.0 .vp -> latest) and I would be very
> grateful if you sent it to me. I feel that it should be at the web page
> too.
>
> The windows patcher looks at the launcher first and refuses to process
> .vp-s pointblank on finding that it is non-English|German... Having a
> working Linux patcher is definitely the right solution.

Ok, I put it on the site.  I've only tested it on my system so use at
your own risk, blah, blah.  One thing the update does is run a script to
lowercase all vp files so it's easier to know what to update and this is
the part which I'm not sure will work for everyone.  If you have
problems with it let me know.  After it's verified to work for more
people I'll ask if it can be moved to icculus.org since my ISP is
probably going to start crunching down on me for the HD space I'm using.

http://www.surfsouth.com/~trichard/fs/

Taylor Richards <trichard at surfsouth.com>