nanosleep on OS X

tigital tigital at mac.com
Mon Aug 12 09:50:43 EDT 2002

thanks ryan and dan,

...after updating the cvs last night, I was able to compile the
project without errors!  I don't know what the mveplayer stuff is
used for, but I did look into the whole nanosleep() issue and found
out the following:

- nanosleep will be available with 10.2...until then there is a hack
around it, because apparently it is "kind of" available, just no
prototype...however, it's not as simple as adding a prototype to
whatever file ya need to use it in; there are also some structs and
definitions that need to be added to header files, but it's not clear
to me which ones!  (here I'm referring to a post on the
darwin-development list)...

btw, by "compile", I mean I got it working in project Builder...I'm
going to setup another target for the demo version, and then make
sure the cvs integration is working, and then march off into the mire
of byte-swapping ;-)

tanx again!
jamie