[dungeondefenders] Game not saving heroes and some settings

Chris Cowan agentme49 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 22:41:25 EST 2012

None of the heroes I make persist between closing the game and opening it
again. Resolution is saved, though it doesn't seem the push-to-talk setting
is saved.

When running the game with strace, I noticed the following:

chdir("/opt/games/dungeondefenders/Engine/Config/") = 0
access("DunDefHeroes.dun", F_OK)        = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("DunDefHeroes.dun", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

I think it seems like it's trying to check for a save file in a root owned
directory where the user doesn't have write permissions.

(Running in Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit)