screenshots not working in savegame list...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat May 3 03:23:26 EDT 2003

If you're getting a black screenshot in your savegame list, this is a
driver bug in the latest Nvidia drivers. Moving back _two_ versions seems
to fix it, YMMV.

I assume this is due to a broken glReadPixels() implementation, since
anything that needs to read the GL framebuffer seems to do this (savegame
shots, regular screenies, etc)...UT2003 and other games exhibit this
behaviour as well.

Nvidia is aware of the problem; I'm hoping the next driver revision fixes
it. If it's so terribly important in the short term, the solution is to
drop back to the 3128 (I think?!) drivers.

--ryan.