[devastation] Europe retail version?

Dennis Dryden ddryden at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 26 12:49:47 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 12:52, ^(o,o)^ Turk2000 wrote:
> Hallo,
>
>   i'm going to get the Europe (italian) retail version of Devastation
> on CD and i would like to know if it will have success
> the installation with the Ryan's client. I have just downloaded these
> packages from Internet:
>

> devastation-381-lnx-beta1.tar.bz2 <-- and this is the linux stuff
> devastationpatchv380.exe	<-- not needed for euro version
> devastationpatch_euro_v381.exe <-- this one needs to be used on the windows install
> DevastationPatch_v390.exe	<-- ive tryed this one and it didnt work for me
>
> Thank you.

I think this is how you install it(but i cant get it working
properly)...
Install the devastationpatch_euro_v381.exe patch on your windows
install.
Copy the windows install over to linux after patching(as above).
Then unzip the tar.bz2 ("tar jxvf devastation-381-lnx-beta1.tar.bz2"
will do the job) to the system folder under Linux.

There is also a plain linux installer but i dont know if it'll work with
the euro version(and i cant find a link)... i am having problems but i
think its my hardware(GeForce 2 MX400). Im getting crash's and speed
problems with the game in windows as well.

Is this linux port still being worked on?