[cod] LAN Servers issue:

Steven Miano mianosm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 06:40:38 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 6:05 AM, mdbarber <mdbuk at aol.com> wrote:

>  Steven Miano wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>  If there is a better medium for me to go about this I am very open to
> suggestions or assistance.
>
>  My issue at the moment is that I have a larger (~100 attendees) LAN
> coming up in 3 weeks. Part of this LAN is supposed to be CoD:MW3 on LAN.
>
>  Running pfSense and a Cisco SG-500 as my core infrastructure I can not
> get around this:
>
>  http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=h7zdrFmc
>
>  I have UPnP turned on, but even still it always senses a strict NAT.
> Which really shouldn't even matter.....especially being that we want to
> have 3 - 4 CoD:MW3 servers running at the same time, and not Internet
> accessible at all.
>
>  Here is the config (very vanilla):Â
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uV6MJ03u
>
>  Here is the start-up command:Â http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Z79nuL27
>
>  Seeing that the game and server have just recently been bumped from
> 1.9.444 to 1.9.448 I'm really hoping that this could be fixed on the game
> itself...as my current setup really isn't going to be easy to swap out
> hardware in order to make this happen.Â
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  mianosm

If you're thinking this:

Steam Game Server connected. Local IP 192.168.0.47, Public IP
71.40.166.2, Game Port 27015

That's output from the console, the config has no IP information in it
at all. In fact the only thing that I see that could possibly effect
the server is the portion that says:

+set dedicated 1

The vexing thing is that the server(s) run perfectly fine on start,
and you can connect and play on them - then once the map
changes/rotates, STRICT NAT. Extremely aggravating and pointless for a
LAN server. :(

Thanks for looking though! :-)