[cod] [COD4] Dedicated debian server

Javitec javitec at clan-argenchile.com.ar
Sun Jun 24 19:08:12 EDT 2012

I do this in CODuo servers and it's worked fine. I believe the same
strategy will be usefull for your COD4 server.

Add at your local server file "/etc/hosts" the address your COD4 game
use to validate the users pointing it to your loopback address

In CODuo server I added this (check the right address for COD4 )

127.0.0.1               coduoauthorize.activision.com

Then every players could get access at your game without valid CDKEY.

The only problem with this method is that activision will get out your
server of the game list so the players only be able to find you by xfire
or knowing your ip address.