[cod] COD 4 UDP security leak

RedDragon reddragon at efc-funclan.de
Sat Jan 7 03:34:15 EST 2012

Hi guys,
a filter by lenght isn't a good solution. Here's a sample from the abuse
message

2011-12-25 13:37:59.270429 GMT ip 46.4.18.xxx.9841 > 208.110.65.xx.20480: UDP (566 bytes) [#0]
2011-12-25 13:37:59.274127 GMT ip 46.4.18.xxx.24685 > 208.110.65.xxx.20480: UDP (575 bytes) [#0]

As u can see the lenght is even longer then 42-43 bytes.

The patch from ryan disable its self after some time. Posted before in
this list.

Hope for a dll or somthing solution. Packetfiltering by an firewall
isn't a good solution for me.

Greetz
RedDragon

Am 07.01.2012 00:38, schrieb NewLight Systems:
> Previous versions where affected by xfire or hlsw ( windows )
>
> In linux, Ryan's patch is ok, but there are more gameservers affected
> (ET, COD2, CODMW, CODWAW, and all Quake based.. )
>
> El 07/01/12 0:34, John escribió:
>> David,
>>
>> Here's another link to a copy of the Windows tool, if you don't want
>> to register for an account on the TCAdmin forums:
>> http://files.nfoe.net/download.php?fname=./cod4/CoD4_Getstatus_Flood_Fix.zip.
>> I don't know if it's the very latest, though (it's v3).
>>
>> For Linux hosters, the best option is probably to use Ryan's patch --
>> unless you are running something other than 1.7:
>> http://treefort.icculus.org/cod/cod4-lnxsrv-query-limit-test.tar.bz2
>>
>> -John
>>
>> On 1/6/2012 2:46 PM, STIPE Administrator wrote:
>>>
>>> I keep getting attacked by other game server companies who run COD
>>> on windows - and they would really like this DLL fix..
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where it can be downloaded?
>>>

>>> Somebody gave me a link to a working dll fix  for widnows last week
>>> but the website was most likely ddos attacked and forced to shutdown.
>>>
>>> http://rankgamehosting.ru/index.php?showtopic=1320
>>>

>>> somebody is really trying hard to prevent the fix for this spreading
>>> out.

>>> RedDragon