[cod] Modern Warfare 3 + Wine + Master Server List Visibility

feugatos feugatos at ceidwarfare.net
Sun Feb 5 09:56:33 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I don't know if this has already been answered so please excuse me if so.

I'm trying to run a dedicated server for Modern Warfare 3 on Ubuntu
using wine.
My setup is the following:

  * Modern Warfare 3 Dedicated Server (via hldsupdatetool for Linux)
  * Ubuntu 10.10 x64
  * wine1.2.3 (via wine repos)
  * winetricks (via wine repos)
  * corefonts, dotnet20, dotnet30, vcrun2005, vcrun2008, vcrun2010,
    d3dx9, d3dx9_43, d3dx10 (via winetricks)

My problem is the following. Even though I can start the server without
problems and any client can connect to the server using the in-game
connect command, the server doesn't get listed in the Steam/Master
server list. I constantly read in the server console "No Master Steam
Server found. Server will LAN visible only". I copied Steam.dll from my
windows installation to the server root, as suggested by some, but this
didn't help either.
Has anyone gotten around this issue? Is so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Demetri