[cod] MW3 dedicated servers confirmed ... what about linux?

Morpheus morpheus at clantoc.org
Sat Sep 24 10:30:17 EDT 2011

The wine+codwaw was only temporary, due to delay in the binaries
delivery after much-needed patches (the first use of the cod4 engine by
treyarch was far from ideal if you remember well). And I am a linux
lover, especially on servers.

Why run a linux VM and then a windows VM, can(t you run a windows VM
directly on Solaris ?

I think they have looked at the MW2 situation : aside from being lazy at
supporting the dedicated part, they should have seen that even
"not-wanting-to-pay" players have found a way in MW2 to play, so it's
not worth saving a little money and get customers angry.

I think it's a perfect example of what can happen when so many people
rant at the head when they're not happy. If linux binaries are confirmed
too, yeehaaah. But just only with free-to-run dedicated servers
announcement, I'm already happy. Not to the point of pre-order, but it's
a far better future than not buying it at all (that was my previous
statement, seeing the cod elite crap coming, and no news about servers).
And it's a sign that PC gaming get a little love again.