[cod] Query limiting...

*DST* hurricane hurricane at devilssniperteam.com
Sun Oct 2 08:42:16 EDT 2011

ok, i also run several servers on a linux dedi.
i didnt want to start any philsophical discussion here.
im studied informatics engeneer and do know lots of advantages of linux.
unfortunately our latest mod quits on linux server binaries with the well
known "g_copyinfo exceeded" error as we put in a lot of weapons models out
of other cod series.
so we had to rent a windows machine at GTX-hosting to put it on it.
we have many players all over the day and are ranked about 250 on GT, so
this machine would be perfect to test a patch on a well populated server.
our extreme+ based mod runs perfect since may and has no stability problems
up to our currently 42 slots.
normally this machine runs for weeks without any reboots.
if anyone could help my on that "g_copyinfo exceeded" error i would be lucky
too cause you will not find a lot of information about it in the www.
i only found some old mailings here which say its something about precaching
models.
porting this mod to linux would be fantastic.

best regards

sven