[cod] I realize this is a quite a bit off topic

MaydaX maydaxone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 22:51:21 EST 2011

Even Balance charges a monthly fee for PB support and they drop a game
when the game developer / publisher cease payments. Activision and id
software are now using Steamworks with VAC in their games instead of PB
so I guess that part of the reason.

I've made a collection of the last PB files (Windows and Linux) for most
of the discontinued games for those who still wish to run PB.
http://www.pbbans.com/forums/files/legacy-punkbuster-files-cat7.html