[cod] Query limiting...

Marco Padovan evcz at evcz.tk
Sat Nov 12 08:29:02 EST 2011

Sorry if my reply sounded rude ;)

Was not implying that :)

What I meant is that with iptables i filter also the "statusResponse"
requests... that's done for logging (I recently got hit as a target and
yes... that was hard ...) I think that reporting the hosts attacking me
to their relevant abuse desks is the way to go...
Logging the reflectos can be helpful ;)

But I agree that done at application level is stressful and not every
useful :)

Still I cannot believe the big market players are still being used to
launch attacks... and I hope that at least the abuse desks of their
upstream suppliers will be able to do something -_-'