[cod] Query limiting...

Marco Padovan evcz at evcz.tk
Fri Nov 11 18:57:15 EST 2011

Il 11/11/2011 19:03, Morpheus ha scritto:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> is there any advancement in "officializing" the patch ? Got my first
> real attack (relay I think), and even with the UDP protection from my
> provider (OVH in France), I saw quite a big spike in network traffic,
> but it was already back down when I discovered it. I have restarted
> the server to flush the "blacklist" memory, but it would be nice to
> have another release that is not tagged as beta.
unless you are hosting 150+servers on the same ip being a relay do not
produce instant spikes... you see constantly 2mbit of traffic incoming
(and 10mbit outgoing if not running properly)...

I do not think these patched binaries keeps blacklist also in case of
target of an attack too (statusResponse)

> It feels like running a TS2 server, not getting any "release" status...
>
> Anyway, thx for your great work ;)
>
> PS : if you could also share news from a possible windows version of
> your patch, it would be nice too. As Steam customers could get a free
> copy of CoD4 with a preorder of MW3, I think it's relevant to consider.
on windows there's already a patch:
http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showpost.php?p=60695&postcount=60