[cod] Call of Duty 4 server - downloading cfg and hacking server

Mathis Klooß admin at gunah.eu
Sat Jun 18 07:42:14 EDT 2011

this is an old topic

here my dirty Solution based on Punkbuster

http://icculus.org/pipermail/cod/2010-October/015217.html [6]

here
an other solution:

http://icculus.org/pipermail/cod/2010-October/015219.html [7]

cu

Gunah

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:30:08 +0100, Bong wrote:

> i would
suggest calling the cfg something random i had a cfg called

doyouliketodrinkcoffee.cfg & ive not had problems with the cfg being

downloaded.

Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:43 AM
> To: Call of Duty server admin
list.
> Subject: Re: [cod] Call of Duty 4 server - downloading cfg and
hacking
> server
>
> Thank you for your answer. I have 1.7 patch
installed and no I don't
> have the cfg server.cfg but $username.cfg .
Like the FTP username is called.
> Is these a problem?
>
> Andrej

+386 31 247 707

wrote:
>> Version 1.7 ? & i am guessing that your cfg is named
server.cfg ? -----Original Message----- From: Andrej Parovel Sent:
Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:38 AM To: Call of Duty server admin list.
Subject: [cod] Call of Duty 4 server - downloading cfg and hacking
server Hello, These days I am dealing with the problem that my servers
get hacked. When connected on server they download the server cfg and so
they get the rcon password. The only solution witch I found for now is
to disable the wwwDowload, but then the download speed for some maps is
very slow. Is there any other solution so no one can download the server
cfg? Any patch or fix? Thank you.

Links:
------
[1] mailto:aparovel at gmail.com