[cod] "reflection attacks" ... cod servers exploited ?

John lists.cod at nuclearfallout.net
Tue Jan 18 01:51:49 EST 2011

On 1/17/2011 10:44 PM, Geoff Goas wrote:
> John, you've seen an increase in attacks on victims or you are seeing
> your servers being used as reflection servers?
>
> How are you detecting either/or?

Both. As a victim, from traffic dumps made during large (D)DoS attacks
and from received complaints by the IP owners at other GSPs that have
been concurrent with the attacks on our clients. A a reflector is from a
complaint; it's more difficult to detect those from the side of the
server being used as the reflector because the flow is small.

-John