[cod] server cfg duplicating itself? ..cod4..64 bit

Mark Grigsby tog at teamltk.com
Wed Jan 12 14:58:59 EST 2011

the jump.cfg~ is a backup file generated by your editor or by a backup
process on the server.

When using VI many of the other text editors they create that file so you
can revert one version or recover from a crash while editing.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM, tom nikitopoulos <tomdagreek at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:41 AM, tom nikitopoulos <tomdagreek at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi you guys. Happy New Year.
>> Ive seen something I personally never seen before. Im running 64 bit debby
>> linux and noticed that config on jump servers duplicates itself as:
>>
> jump.cfg
>
> then as jump.cfg~
> What gives?
>
> I think it might be screwin up the admin guids.
>
> (sorry I think it have pushed the wrong button and sent the email before
> its time)

Mark Grigsby
Network Operations Manager
PCINW (Preferred Connections Inc., NW)