[cod] Modern Warfare 3 linux server anytime?

kennethfox07 at comcast.net kennethfox07 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 18 20:26:54 EST 2011

I need a little help about server setup. I have worked with different servers through the years. I have a Dell poweredge 1800 now. it is in a ATX case Tower style. The question that I have is. I have used 2 to 4 drives in raid 0. most of the time it has been 2 or 3 hard drives. What I want to do is try 6 - 72gb u320 15k drives in raid 0. I know about redundancy. I don’t care. This is just a game server.  Will that be incredibly fast or not worth the effort and stick to 4 drives in raid 0. I can tell the difference in server speeds with 3 or 4 drives over 2. But never did the 6 drives. The speeds are incredible when I have more than 2 drives. I have a old dell poweredge 2400. I used 3 u160 10k 36gb hard drives and it was amazing. It has 2 – 733 mhz slot 1 processors.

I would like to add to this that I am thinking about selling the 2400 server. It has 2 – 733 mhz cpu 2 gig mem. I have added a
Intel® PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter. It has 1 36gb u160 10k drive and 1 72gb u360 15k drive. A creative x-treme music audo card that I put in it. What would be a reasonable dollar amount put on this. Also has 3 trays for harddrives. You can forward this to anyone that you think may have a interest.

The main reason for this message is about my raid setup and number of harddrives not the 2400 server.

All of the research that I have done about raid 0 and number of harddrives. Is that they always go to the talk about failure and redundancy. That does not concern me at all. What does is speed and performance. If it breaks I can redo it.

Again I am not sure if this message only goes to you or the whole group. I would like all the input that people would like to give.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.