[cod] Query limiting...

Luca Farflame Fabbro farflame at cybergames.it
Tue Aug 2 09:26:46 EDT 2011

Usually they target a specific host on a specific port. From what I ve seen in the last 6 months typically web servers, FTP servers and a lot of valve engine powered servers. This is what they usually do but you can target almost any service of a known host.
Just few times I ve seen attacks to random ports versus a specific host
In reply to a small udp packet the reply is around ten times bigger if I well remember Outgoing bandwidth becomes high if the sender has enough upload bandwidth.
Also they use the master list to obtain ip and port of the cod servers and so they have a lot of reflectors to use for the drdos attack.

Thanks for the patch Ryan.