[cod] Cfg download hacking

Morpheus morpheus at clantoc.org
Mon Sep 13 15:16:42 EDT 2010

  Yes, but it is only relevant with http downloading (I'm simlinking the
folder too, but with a good htaccess restrictions, and stricts
permission on the files--only readable by the owner). Is it possible to
use the client to try downloading the cfg through the built-in protocol
? That could be the major hack, and it can potentially touch every
quake-based game, at least those using the same net codebase (cod2 is
one of them).

But I'm pretty sure it's not the case, and http is the way to follow,
and to harden...