[cod] hud messages not showing

Pvt Public pvt.public at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 16:52:53 EDT 2010

posting this again.  my first post was incomplete so i am sending this again.  hope someone can help me.

my
 game server is cod 4 with patch 1.7 not modded.  just regular stock
hardcore. hud messages are supposed to be standard.  my server is not
showing 'player connected' on the hud message on the
bottom left corner. and also it's not showing when you get 10 kill
streak. however, it does show when players leave the server. it says
'player left the game'. is there a line that i need to add in the config
 file to activate these hud messages? thanks