[cod] cod4 hitch warning

Mavrick mavrick.master at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:57:00 EDT 2010

  Figured it out on the day, the core 10gb switch was skipping a
heartbeat and all other switches connected to it would skip at the exact
same time as the core switch. Next LAN we're installing a second core
switch with a 4GB trunk to the main core switch with the cod4 severs on it.

As for hardware on the VM box we were running was a dual quad 2.6ghz
Xeon with 16GB ram, 6 x 1GB NIC's and each VM was on it's own SAS drive.
The core switch has dual 10GB connectors with fibre out so it should of
been more than enough to handle the traffic for the servers however with
the skip in the heartbeat even our quake 3 servers where lagging @ 2min
intervals.

As for the hitches I did a bit more research into it and hitch warnings
are normal and usually do not cause lag spikes so you are correct
Morpheus. We're also looking at running FireDaemon to run the servers as
services next time to trial this.

Thank you for all your input and help and hopefully our next LAN will
run smoother.