[cod] There is hope?

ibloodyhatespam at gmail.com ibloodyhatespam at gmail.com
Fri May 14 11:56:24 EDT 2010

My big question mark is around the *type* of dedicated server - will it be the full deal we had on CoD5 and earlier, or will it be something restricted like in BC2, both making it impossible to run custom content and driving up the rent? The BC2 lads have done a much better job than IW of course, but custom maps and mods tend to add quite a bit of spice to a game.

We've been running our own clan dedis since 2003 or so, and apart from the annoyances over the relative lack of control over BC2 it's a bit of a shame to have to rent a separate gameserver - it's becoming increasingly hard to justify spending €1000 a year on our big box with al those 'protected' server deals.