[cod] server not looping through server.cfg

Jonathan Reed jreed777 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 15:12:32 EDT 2010

I have a server.cfg file, I can exec it but i dont know how to make the
server loop through the configuration in the file once its in place. I can
start maps etc but once maps start for the some reason the reason doesnt
loop through the maps i have declared in my config file.

Heres what im typing in green.
me at host:~/codwaw-linux-server$ ./codwaw_lnxded
Server: Game Version [Call of Duty Multiplayer COD_WaW MP build 1.7.1144
CL(241023) BUILD Wed Feb 11 12:46:58 2009 linux-i386]
exec server.cfg
execing server.cfg from disk
sv_punkbuster is write protected.
net_ip will be changed upon restarting.
Build 1144 BUILD 241023 CL(Wed Feb 11 12:46:58 2009)
logfile opened on Fri Jul 23 15:00:02 2010

dedicated is read only.
sv_cheats is write protected.
sv_punkbuster is write protected.
sv_maxclients will be changed upon restarting.
 Server: PunkBuster Server for WAW (v1.761 | A1409 C2.215) Enabled

How do I get the server to loop through my config file? I tried
map_rotatebut that just starts dome and thats it. perhaps my config is
incorrect?
Would you need to see my server.cfg file?

Also, how do i declare logging of server events? ie debugging to help me fix
problems like these on my own.

sorry fellas, its my first time running a MP server. if you can link me to
some documentation, or help me out, that'd be great.