[cod] Call Of Duty5 WAW

Kenneth W Fox kennethfox07 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 18 02:39:41 EDT 2010

I have a server box A Dell poweredge 2400 dual P3 733mhz processors.
It is SCSI. I have windows server 2003r2 installed with firedameon pro. I tried to run COWAW on that can't get it going.

So I went and got wubi and installed the Latest Ubuntu 10.04. Now I have a dual boot system.
I got a Ubuntu Lenux version of CODWAW Dedicated server 1.7. I have followed the directions exactly except the PB left it out.

The server runs great. I have the game and I can log into it. The only problem that I have is the server name in the CODWAW multiplayer list. IT is (codwawhost) That is the name of my server,

I want to change it I have no ideal how to do this. This version of the DS is not like the windows version.
No config.cfg files. It has a shell executable that runs a bin file. I have edited it a changed things but that just makes it not run.

If anyone is running this and knows how to change the Server name. I would greatly apreaciate it.

Oh and what you think about this running on this Dual P3 server. They said it couldn't be done. Well I did it.

I will leave the Server running for anyone that wants to check it out. The server name is:  codwawhost