[cod] COD4 at LAN

Kenny Southpark afp_kenny at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 22 22:33:31 EST 2010

Sorry if I am late to the replay on this..

Linux dedicated LAN server is borked.... it is set as default internet and always will be. It will never show up in the local list.
It works on Windows dedicated just fine.
I posted this on bugzilla 2 patches ago and it was confirmed by another person.. never got any responce about it from Ryan.
If you add the server IP to your Fav list it will then show in that

CoD and UO and CoD2 worked as expected with the linux dedicated servers showing up in the local list

For whatever reason the powers to be decided to make the linux version of the dedicated server for CoD4 locked to internet.
At the moment I cannot recall the situation with CoD5 though

This has been a real thorn in my side as I deal with dedicated servers in an LAN enviroment (anywhere from 20 to 200 people) and prefer to use linux, but forced to use a windows box for those 2 games.....

~Jon K