[cod] A word of advice

B.M. Schiltmans b.m.schiltmans at planet.nl
Wed Jan 20 11:20:22 EST 2010

Hmm, perhaps I should read first, and comment later. Sorry about that.
So the problem is not http-redirect but the direct download.
Am I correct in assuming that a modified client is needed for this
'hack'? In that case, it should be easy to fake a failed http-redirect
and force a fallback to direct-download. Reading through it, it seems
that the server.cfg is not the only worry, if every file on your server
can be read.
I see no workaround here, except maybe chroot. And even then your .cfg's
are at risk.
Only real solution would be a patch it seems.
Anyone got any info on which games are/are not vulnerable (not counting
the dinosaurs on securityfocus ;-) )?