[cod] A word of advice

Tomé Duarte tome.duarte at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:19:22 EST 2010

I believe when you're using HTTP redirect the gameserver automatically
redirects all downloads to the configured URL. However, a custom application
to exploit this misconfiguration may somehow be able to download the
server.cfg; this depends on the server code but it's highly probable that it
redirects the request to the webserver.

Does anyone have any more info on this vuln? Is it just the sv_allowdownload
cvar or are there any other "requirements"? Is there a published vuln report
or exploit?

Cheers,
Tomé Duarte

Connect with me via: