[cod] Custom Maps with HC mode

B.M. Schiltmans b.m.schiltmans at planet.nl
Sat Feb 20 17:31:54 EST 2010

Yes and No.
You need to run a mod, that's true. But if all you want is custom maps,
then just create an empty mod-directory and run your 'mod' as any other mod.
The stuff you put in the mod directory just overrule the default
game-stuff. If you want no changes, then an empty one is fine.
That means no dowloading mod-files, just the maps. Alltough maps are
mostly much bigger than mods, so not much to gain there.

Only 'drawback' is that ranking (xp, challenges, etc) works separate
from stock, meaning everyone will start at rank 1. They'll still keep
their stock-ranks though.

Grtz
Bram