[cod] Off-Topic: The Future of GSPs

Seth Sauls wizz220 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:55:31 EST 2010

Couldn't agree more.  Since MW2 has shown to be a success money wise i
expect more and more publishers/devs to go the same route.  More and more
GSP's will be left out as games moves to P2P online play.  If this trend
continues as I suspect it will I would say that within 2 years maybe 3 GSP's
will be obsolete.  It could happen sooner.

MW2 was the start and if the figures are correct then that Billion dollars
in sales will make this form of online play very attractive.  Why because
then the publishers will control the game totaly.  DLC for pay and no more
needs for modders and mappers.  BFBC2 is the next step and great
experiment.  What is the max player count for BFBC2, 16 players or is it
18.  Yup more and more like console crap.

Expect the same and expect the GSP's to go the way of the dinosaur's

Wizz