[cod] Off-Topic: The Future of GSPs

Ulf Bruederle Ulf at mukko-aktiv.de
Tue Feb 2 12:18:59 EST 2010

Am 02.02.2010 11:27, schrieb escapedturkey:
> Do you believe GSPs will become obsolete as home bandwidth gets larger
> and hardware evolves faster and smaller?

not obsolete, but shrinking to a few licensed GSP, which are allowed to
provide game servers.

But the most i will miss, if this trend is going on, is the lack of
variation in gaming. Now we have many clans with their favorite
gametypes, mods and game settings, which brings a long term motivation
to the games. I think this will be gone, and we only get a few
predefined game setups from the Companies. No custom maps and mods and
with the product life time, shortly no new setups will be added to the
games anymore.

best regards from Germany

Ulf aka [DOOZER]Horrid