[cod] Off-Topic: The Future of GSPs

Oliver Warburton olly at inx-gaming.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 06:28:09 EST 2010

I'm afraid it's all down to the average intelligence and concentration
span of the console user.

I recently talked to a friend who has just 'found' online gaming.
'Have you got Xbox live?' he asked.

When I quizzed him about his gaming habits, he'd given up on the COD6
campaign mode- ' got bored'. And couldn't be doing with the
multiplayer mode- 'too hard'. He's now moved onto another game, and
will no doubt have bought another one by the weekend. I did try and
explain to him how I've been playing games 'online' for something like
8 years now- recounting a tale of how I used to play CS 1.5 for 8
hours a day obsessively, lol :) He just didn't get it.

What's important here, is we remember that this is who the game makers
are now catering for. We're a minority when it comes to gaming now. A
real minority.

Oliver Warburton
Managing Director
INX-Network LTD