[cod] Off-Topic: The Future of GSPs

Midnight midowns at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:52:37 EST 2010

That's not the fault of the GSP, it is the fault of the game for using
so much CPU to host the server.  Also, with a community everyone should
be able to chip in $5 a month, then they can easily afford multiple
servers.  Saying the servers are too expensive holds no water, servers
are super cheap these days at $1/slot or less.  Just skip buying soda
with your burger 3 times a week and you just paid for your $5 contribution.

Good luck trying to host a 32-64+ player server from home.  Oh wait, I
forgot, they are reducing the games to 16 player max to accommodate the
consoles, nm.

Besides that, nothing is preventing people from hosting from home right
now.  But they don't do it because nobody wants to play on servers
hosted from home cause they are garbage.  Players would obviously rather
pay for quality hosting.