[cod] Off-Topic: The Future of GSPs

Midnight midowns at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:41:11 EST 2010

Only if ppl stop caring about low ping.  GSP's have multiple Tier1
backbone connections and are usually 1ms off the main trunks.  Home
connections typically have 10-20ms + first hops and only 1 ISP backbone
directly connected.

I think the bigger threat to GSP's is the game publishers cutting them
out of the mix, to the detriment of their user base.  This will on
diminish quality of hosting and increase price.