[cod] [linux] Custom maps no longer work with patch 1.6 ?

Vaughan Reid vaunus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 07:05:07 EDT 2009

Looks like custom maps are still broken on 1.6 Linux servers. :( I only
started to connect to a custom map server earlier but must have quit out
before the crash.

It appears the server is not offering IWD files in the usermaps/mp_mapname
folder up for download by the client. As such, the client is crashing
because it cannot find the map loadscreen image which is generally located
inside that IWD.
In addition, if I copy the IWD file into my usermaps folder on the client
side my client crashes with an impure client error in reference to the IWD
file for the map. From this it appears the server is not even aware of the
IWD files in the usermaps folder.

It's a shame this hasn't been fixed as chances are high that 1.6 was the
last patch for the game.

Regards,

Vaughan Reid